Cannot Rate Thread 6 replies 292 views
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
Post # 1
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
What languages do you speak?

What languages do you speak? I've tried to learn various languages over the years: Spanish in high school, Japanese in college, modern Greek for fun, Bengali because my wife speaks it, etc. I've never been patient enough to become fluent in a second language, though.

Obligatory quote:

Quote, by The 5th Element:
Woah, lady, I only speak two languages: English and bad English

The Nu formerly known as Belthasar
Gold: 79
I really only speak English. I took a couple years of Koine Greek in college. Got to where I could read it well, but it's so complicated to conjugate everything I couldn't come close to speaking it in real time. I've studied Spanish to where I can get by a little, but I wouldn't say I "speak" it. I've studied Mandarin because I think it's the most beautiful language out there, but I'm not even close to saying that I "speak" it. I'd really love to be able speak both of these languages. I love languages, and I live in a multicultural area, which I love. But my brain/dedication so far haven't been enough to learn a second language well.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 3
Crazy mouse lady
Gold: 173
I can identify 10 languages by hearing them if not more, I understand simple words in African languages, Phillipeno, Spanish, Japanese, German, others. I have perfect Japanese pronunciation from watching Japanese with subtitles in anime, and I have some Spanish. However, I cannot make it in conversations, I'd love to learn more. I can communicate marginally in Spanish and Japanese but mostly English for me too lol. If I could I'd love to learn to read Kanji but prolly an impossible dream. We have too many cultures here, we have the largest beef plant in Canada and no one here wants to work at the horrendous place so they bring in immigrants from many countries earning them citizenship after a certain work period. So I can listen to many languages, and I even make out the jist of African conversations when they throw in enough English which many do in a mix. But I suspect I will never know any second language even if I wish to.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 4
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
I'm sad that no one here speaks Klingon. Booo!

Crazy mouse lady
What do YOU speak Klingon? There are like bibles for the language out there.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 6
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
No I can't speak it either. I find it funny that it exists though. I recently re-watched LotR (the extended editions, of course) and had flash-backs to learning random Elvish and Orcish words... what a time that was lol
Crazy mouse lady
I feel ya, I learned some Navi off Avatar we watched it so many times lol my parents bloody love that movie.
Edited by MajuuNazumi, at

cached

Rate this thread: