Cannot Rate Thread 2 replies 212 views
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
Post # 1
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
Games everyone likes that you can't stand

I can't stand Metroid Dread. And I don't like Soulslikes. There, I said it. Maybe I'm just bad at gaming in my old age.

What about you? What games do you just not understand how other people can like them?
The Nu formerly known as Belthasar
Gold: 79
I actually really like Dread so far. I'm only half way through it. But yeah, some of it is super frustrating. I handed it off to someone else to beat a few of the bosses because although I could see how to beat them, it was super tedious. I've also considered that maybe my reflexes are not as good as they used to be.
I also hate Soulslikes. I don't get the point of playing a game that's renowned for being hard, but the reason it's hard is because you have slow, clunky controls. Compare the boss capabilities to a more fast-paced game, and it's kind of pathetic. They wouldn't be hard if I wasn't stuck with agonizingly slow combat. My housemate started playing Elden Ring because so many people raved over it, and we both thought it kind of sucked. It also seems like the only reason people play the games is so they can have the bragging rights about having beat it.
Another one was Undertale. I cannot comprehend how people loved this game so much. I just thought it was kind of crappy overall. And a lot of the "clever" things in it have been done before. I think a lot of the draw to it was it's fuzzy-hearted wholesomeness, which doesn't appeal to me too much. I don't mind wholesome, but it can't be sickeningly wholesome. That just earns an eyeroll from me. I despise the art style. I know it's made by one dude, but a lot of people have done much better in RPG maker. I think he was trying to play the nostalgia factor, but for me it's just crap (And I do still play SNES games). The classic SNES games looked rough, but they were carefully crafted within the limits of the technology of the time. This was just made to look crappy in hopes that it would pull some heart-strings. The soundtrack is definitely it's best feature, but it's really not better than any number of soundtracks out there. Maybe if it had had a smaller cult following I wouldn't care. I have a few tiny games with tiny fandoms that I'm part of that most people are unimpressed with. But it seemed like all I heard about that year was Undertale, and when I finally looked into it, it was super underwhelming.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 3
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
Quote, by nu.com:
Another one was Undertale. I cannot comprehend how people loved this game so much

Yeah, I couldn't get through that one. I liked the whimsical characters and enemies, and the multiple endings and way the game tries to have an emotional impact on the player are all great ideas. The music is okay. The gameplay just isn't fun.

cached

Rate this thread: