HIGHLIGHTED POST:
Post # 1
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
Great Quotes

A classic returns!

I'll start, putting it in a spoiler tag, in case Harlan Ellison is on your to-read list:

Show Spoiler
"Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate."
- The supercomputer Am, from I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

This book is short and it's not my most favorite thing in the world, but I like this quote because, it sure makes you go "woah" (and to me, that's the only criteria for good writing).
NEW POST Post # 2
Crazy mouse lady
Gold: 173
Hello, you've reached the satantic hotline. For ritual sacrifice, press 1. To sell your soul to capitalism, press 2. To sell your soul to me, press 3. To speak to the devil himself, press 999.
Youtube video I can prolly get a link for.
Edited by MajuuNazumi, at
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 3
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
I've been playing Xenogears (despite people telling me it's nonsense and I should skip it and play Xenosaga instead...). This one cracked me up:

Quote, by Old Man in bar:
Young man... Beware! I can see it... There is a dark and icy wind that blows where you are going. A wind that nurtures grief and resentment, inviting death from which there is no salvation... No one will be able to escape from it! But you, and only you, must eventually face up to that dark wind!
...Just kidding! I’ve always wanted to try saying that! Did I scare you? I’m really sorry! Wahaha..

Also if you talk to him again, he offers to repeat this "premonition", and then tries to scare you again:

But in reality, these premonitions of misfortune tend to take on their own shape once uttered.
You ought to be prepared...
... Hah hah! Just kidding! It's also a joke! Don't let it get to you.

What a jerk.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 4
Crazy mouse lady
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Forget where I got that one lol
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 5
Crazy mouse lady

One found on the book of faces.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 6
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
"YES!! I GOT THE 1000th POST!!! AND I'M HAPPY FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!" - The Strange One

cached

Rate this thread: