Cannot Rate Thread 0 replies 167 views
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
Post # 1
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
What would your Chrono Break be like?

This is definitely spoiler territory, so beware.

The question is: If Square Enix asked you to write the story for Chrono Break/Brake, what would it be?

My idea would be based on the concept of animism. (Animism is the belief that plants, inanimate objects, places, and even abstract concepts can have a will of their own). If you think about it, Animism is very prevalent in Japanese stories. Final Fantasy 7 is a big imagining of the forces of life and death, merged into one, and the will/intellect of the planet itself. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross actually have less of this, because it doesn't really fit the story.

So the title of the game is Chrono "break" so something is broken. My take on that is... things have been moved (in space or time) out of their rightful place. But what things? Things that were essential to the original timeline. So perhaps people have time traveled to different times. Maybe we have to undo much of what happened in Chrono Trigger after all? Maybe the Gurus need to be sent back to their original homes. What about Chrono's cat, who fans believe appears in multiple times in the game? We have to send that cat back.

And this is where things get stupid/trippy. What if objects and abstract concepts need to be put back in their rightful place?

What if spirits and ghosts have to be put back in their rightful place? At some point you need to enter the spirit world and track down spirits who are out of order. But what is a spirit? A parallel universe version of something in the real world. What if places and concepts have spirits in this world?

And if that isn't insane enough, I also think that it would be fun to have 289 of these "things" that need to be put back into place. Because that's the natural progression based on the number of character in CT and CC.

(Anyway, this idea in no way lives up to the greatness of Trigger, but I think it at least *could* compare with Cross, if a lot of smart people worked on it. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen. :P)

cached

Rate this thread: