Chrono Shock Community Forums
Nuumonja manga stuff
Cannot Rate Thread 29 replies 1,235 views
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
Post # 1
Crazy mouse lady
Gold: 173
Nuumonja manga stuff

To start with, this seems to be created by the people that made this movie for a convention:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIsOuO2qZBo&t=2s

I have part of this manga translated, I am sure it is legit though not canon, it follows the adventures of Magus and Frog if Marle is not in fact sent back in time. As you can prolly gather from the video, this book which is over 150 pages is mostly humorous, and in places quite stupid lol I know a bit of Japanese myself thanks to watching anime with subtitles, but I am no means fluent. So I guess we can prolly discuss page meanings and theories. I am going to post one or two pages and their rough translation and what's going on per post, this book is not scan friendly so photos will have to do. As a prerequisite, a good portion of the previous pages concern Frog, this Nu prince and his wee companion getting Frog's sword repaired in a less than...conventional way and thus they are now his companions facing the mage. (If you wanna hear how this is done I can explain but it's stupid lol) Basically all this page is sound effects, Frog yelling Demon lord, prepare yourself! And something about Magus versus and my bro didn't translate the rest but it can be inferred it is referring to Frog and his companions. And yes the nu is a prince come from another planet, run away from his responsibilities and travelling on earth lol
Edited by MajuuNazumi, at
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 2
Crazy mouse lady

If I'm going to go to the trouble of doing this I'll need some responses lol but here is page 2, left the other for a few days thinking I might get a response but I will post a couple I guess. Of course I'm sure everyone will be aware Japanese manga read from right to left? Good.
Demon king cries something like: Get out of my sight, or begone I'm in the middle of an important ritual. Nu: That's not it? That's not right... just want to see my daughter the bride (Nu Prince silliness) Frog: This isn't a wedding! Demon king! This isn't the time to be summoning Lavos or whatever! This is a fight between you and me! Magus: Hm? You dare? Aren't you...that coward from before? (Chuckling laughter) Frog: That's not true! I'm different than before! Watch me Silas...(Japanese name for Cyrus) your grand lion will get revenge! Magus: (Burst of amused laughter) You think that sort of friend is a match for me? (Noise of portal opening) Frog: You jest?! You're joking! Magus: (Snapping fingers) Cry of terror sound of Frog falling to ground.
Not sure if the nu has a name to be clear lol also of anyone has the correct spelling for nuumonja feel free to tell me, my Japanese spelling is horrendous.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 3
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Pronouns: he/him
Gold: 741
Well, these are fun to read and look at. Someone obviously had a lot of fun drawing these.
Crazy mouse lady
Yeah haha but there are a few interesting theories that come flying when I get there. Honestly they make you wonder.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 5
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Honestly, the Chrono series is dead, so the fans get to choose what's true and what isn't. Let your fan theories run wild! It's not like Square is going to release a new Chrono game and prove you wrong.
Crazy mouse lady
Well call me a dork lol I missed much of the discussion and am still figuring out canon stuff for myself haha
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 7
Crazy mouse lady

This book would be more pic friendly if I wanted to wreck the binding c.c but I don't.
Frog: T-this is, No it can't be!
Magus: This is you youngster, this is how you fought as a youngster eh?
Frog: Hey what's wrong with you? Fight! (Cry of frustration) I'm not such a coward, FIGHT!
Sounds as Frog hits the groundFrog: I'm...a coward...(shivers, cries)
Magus: Fuahaha what happened to your resolve before?
Nu prince: He forgot about us! Let's work together! Ok let's do it, true story attack! Bika! (And it gets stupider on the next page lol) Sorry this went through a few edits I lost the translation page temporarily lol
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 8
Crazy mouse lady

This page is really pure nonsense and adds little, but the bro translated it lol
Various sound effects Frog: What the hell is this foolishness?
It's going to rain alot today so take care and bring an umbrella.
Magus: Idiocy, foolishness, I'm not getting involved.
Ok! He's going to get so much rain on his head...
(Rushing water) We didn't go outside yet!
The rest is punny nonsense.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 9
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
lol What a random page...
Crazy mouse lady
I swear I've been so bloody sick...and misplaced the book for a bit. We're shampooing our shit carpets like crazy and I believe I have an iron deficiency so no energy...anyway lol next page is finally here. I'm not really in a hurry to post this anyway just when I feel like. I somehow cut the shit out of my thumb and I don't even remember how...but I think I managed to cut out my bandaid.

Gyaado! (Nu's name?) You're such a pain Demon king-kan~
This manga is getting off track because of you!
B The little monster my bro is referring to him: You're butchering the script!
Magus: I'm not following your directions.
Nu: It's all been tossed away~
Magus: Those guys are such eyesores...clenched fists*
Magus: This dimension (this part is a bit unclear) beyond/ put all together/ to vanish/ leave
I'll banish you from this dimension!
B: This isn't in the script!
Nu: Demon king! Why are you messing with this manga?
Portal swirling~
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 11
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Really, Magus should be added to more stories. And you know what? In the year 2090 Magus will enter the public domain, and anyone can put him in a fan fiction and publish it (like Dracula or Frankenstein). Pretty cool eh? Too bad I intend to die in the early 2080s. But eh, that's life.
Crazy mouse lady
Lol I'm guessing you're enjoying the silliness this manga has to offer? It does have an interesting theory or two despite this. Well if you live that long I guess lucky you?
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 13
Crazy mouse lady

Sorry for the gloves but it's -40 Celsius in Canada and my vents don't work properly so I'm a bloody icecream cone. Anyway onto next translation -
The brave frog's birth wait what? Magus' laughter *Portal*
Little guy: I don't want to die!
Magus: To one's heart's content cry and beg as much as you want!
Soon your tears will be necessary (?) Drink your tears.
Short and sweet. The page before seems to just be author's notes and a small joke about the Nu dressed as Magus eating all the food.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 14
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Quote, by MajuuNazumi:
-40 Celsius in Canada and my vents don't work properly so I'm a bloody icecream cone.

I will never understand how your northern folk can handle that sort of thing.
Crazy mouse lady
Well MC the little Canadian grew up with it and is sadly quite used to it more than warm weather. I had to walk to school in this shit.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 16
Crazy mouse lady

K it worked this time lol so here is our next silly page translation:
Nu: I had a little accident...
Magus: Spit out! The gate is closing! I'm going to kill these guys...I've had enough of them tormenting me...
Little guy: Hey! Frog! Hurry and use your grand lion attack!
Frog: It's no use...I can't do it...
Little guy: If you won't do it then I will! *Takes breath* lots of silly noises
Voice: This sword can only be used by Frog! (Spirit of the sword)
Little guy: Effective isn't it...
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 17
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
lol @ Masa & Mune there

This whole story would make a good comedy fan game actually.
NEW POST Post # 18
Crazy mouse lady
Wait till you see what other canon characters are in it lol there are more coming. Not who you'd expect though. There are some random unimportant characters that play a more major role in this manga, especially parts without Magus and Frog. There are in fact well over 100 pages in this manga just not many involve the main party.
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 19
Crazy mouse lady

Alas sorry for my slowness...if anyone is sticking with me at this point, this is the final silly page before more serious stuff starts going down. There are more silly jokes here and there, but things start to get less fun and more serious.

Nu and sidekick try to summon Silas or Cyrus to empower the user of the sword but they summon the wrong Silas. As for the rest of the page no idea what's going on. My bro never bothered translating it as it was mostly stupid as far as I can tell. More than likely not much to do with the actual story. Just more silliness.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 20
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Probably not worth translating that page, yeah. haha
Crazy mouse lady

Not the best photo, I took it with my good camera but I barely know how to use the thing. (The flash only goes off when it wants to and this was not one of those times) It never came with instructions so waiting to get lessons. At any rate, our story gets more serious.

They apparently summoned the right Silas, who encourages Frog. Beyond this, no translation. This is another page my bro skipped despite there being some obviously more serious dialogue here. I would guess Cyrus is just giving Frog shit and telling him to be a man while Nu and his friend are being their silly selves. The next page has proper translation, I'll get to it soon.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 22
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
I like that he swats them with a paper fan or something.
Crazy mouse lady

So finally I get off my ass and we have our start of the more serious stuff this story has to offer.

(Not too sure about the first panel, whether Frog is speaking or Cyrus is, not translated)
Magus: Fwahahahaha
How about a prison of fire first?
Frog: Strikes Magus
Magus grunts
Frog: This is the end for you demon king.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 24
Crazy mouse lady

Damnit I will get this done before we're all old and grey...I think :o our next page is mostly action lol

Frog: Grand lion attack! (No idea what this is in English)
Nu and sidekick cheering: Go! Go! You can do it!

I'm guessing the rest is simply sound effects.
Liked by 1
HIGHLIGHTED POST:
NEW POST Post # 25
Ruler of the Forum
Super Administrator
Quote, by MajuuNazumi:
Damnit I will get this done before we're all old and grey...

Too late! I'm already both of those things.

You know I wonder if this is the highest-quality Chrono Trigger art produced in the last decade. It seems like it could be. It's too bad that a dead franchise like this can't be used more often. I'm sure there are tons of indie game developers who would love to take a crack at making a game set in the Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross universes. But people are paranoid about copyright infringement.

cached

Rate this thread: